South Otago High School is a co-educational school with 550 students from years 9 -13. It is a community school offering courses and activities suitable for all students. It is committed to academic excellence and realising all students’ potential. Founded in 1926, the school is located in the town of Balclutha, beside the Clutha River. The school is set within 18 hectares of well established grounds.
The Benefits of Studying at South Otago High School:
South Otago High School is situated in a busy town 40 minutes from Dunedin Airport and 55 minutes from the centre of Dunedin and the University of Otago. Balclutha is close to New Zealand’s adventure capital, Queenstown.
- South Otago High School is strongly supported by the community and international students are both welcomed and integrated into the community.
- High quality pastoral care with caring home stay families
- All international students receive individual attention
- International students are encouraged to take part in all school activities and involve themselves in the sporting/cultural opportunities offered to all students.
- South Otago High School only accepts up to 15 international students from a range of countries ensuring that students mix with their NZ peers and practice their English language
- All international students receive ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) tuition in small class groups.
- Teaching is of a high standard and the school provides a full range of academic courses.
- South Otago High School strives to create a family-like atmosphere and the Balclutha community provides a safe and caring environment.
- The school regularly reports back to international families and welcomes regular enquiries from families
- Fees: For 2018 These are all quoted in NZ dollars and are for a full academic year.
- Tuition: NZ$12,000.00
- Homestay placement: NZ$100.00
- Homestay Fees (46 Weeks): NZ$10,460.00
- Full Insurance (Compulsory): NZ$565.00
- Airport Transfers: NZ$200.00
- Fees: For 2018 for a half year the costs are as follows:
- Tuition Fees: NZ$600.00
- Homestay Placement: NZ$100.00
- Insurance: NZ$350.00 (approx.)
- Airport transfers: NZ$200.00
- Homestay: $5230.00