Student wellbeing affects students’ engagement with their learning and their behaviour at school. School staff work in partnership with parents, whanau and community agencies to support our students.
Promoting student learning is linked with promoting student wellbeing. We promote learning with our values programme (PB4L), restorative practices, resilience and our pastoral team. This begins with your child’s Mentor who is usually their first person to talk to. The pastoral team also includes Deans, the Guidance Counsellor and the Senior Leadership team.
We recognise that supporting students to gain academic skills alongside social and emotional skills is important. Students are encouraged to reach out for help when they need it. This can be from members of the school community or ongoing support outside the school.
The following are places where students and families can go for help:
- The Lowdown: Free text 5626 and www.thelowdown.co.nz
- Youthline: Free Phone: 0800 376 633 and Free text 234; Email: [email protected] and www.youthline.co.nz
- Common Ground: www.commonground.org.nz
- Tautoko Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865
- SPARX: Free Phone: 0508 4 SPARX and www.sparx.org.nz
- Need to Talk? Free text: 1737